Friday, January 30, 2015

A Change of Attitude

"Life stops for no one."

I feel like I read that quote at least once a month on Tumblr or Twitter or blahblah or hooha and it never fails to stop me in my tracks. Simply, it's just so true. I think of everything I've experienced in my nineteen years on this planet that has made me undeniably wish for a second--just a second to breathe--and I realize how strong I must be to have made it here. We are all so strong for making it here.

Wouldn't it be nice? Wouldn't it be nice if we had control like that? If we could say "World, I can't miss a week of college classes to go to the hospital right now--please pause college. Thanks!" If we could say "World, I need to grieve" or "World, I need to think" or "World, I need to rest." But, unfortunately, life stops for no one.

Here's to digging our heels in and living in real time.

No comments:

Post a Comment